Nine taxis drove us to the airport of Sarajevo. The hometrip went well and was totally opposite than the trip Fredericia-Mostar.
Everyone relaxed and looked foreward to come home. At 16.15 the bus arrived in Fredericia and the students were welcomed by their families.
In a short personal evaluation I am glad that:
- 3.c had a succesful exchange with the students from Mostar Gimnazija. The acitivites went good: sports, work-shop about town-life, lessons together, and meeting with the hospitable families in Mostar.
- Some visitors and hosts are planning to see each other in the summertime.
- Thanks to all the parents in Mostar and Fredericia - with your support to the exchange-idea the students feels confident to cross borders and cultures. By being supportive you give the students competence in diaolouge with and understanding of other cultures.
- The teachers had a good time togehter. Jens and I had good talks with: Mladenka, Vanja, Tanja, Branka, Igor, Sascha, Mirko and Mirsada. Sorry if I can't remember all the names - but thanks for the warm-hearted treatment. It seems like the exchange has become a partnership that lasts for some time.
- Thanks to the leaders of Mostar Gimnazija: Ankica Covic and Krpo Bakir.
- There is a possibility that we can develop on a project based on how to improve the water-quality of the River Neretva and some local water in Fredericia.
- The contact with Green Vision has developed - Jens and I percepts them as essential for the biology-project. Thank you for a wonderful trip to Perucica - it has become classic.
- The contact with the embassies in Sarajevo and Copenhagen are important regarding the contact with the political players in the relations between BiH and Denmark.
- We are very dependent on our network in Mostar and Blagaj - thanks to you we have a base in your country.
Lets work for a revisit of students and teachers from Mostar Gimnazija in May 2010 - it takes a lot of time and money. But nothing is impossible - lets give it a try.
Thanks to every one for a good experience - Tommy and Jens